Since I had accidentally pinched the inner tube on my DRZ while self-installing tires for the first time, I thought I’d use the opportunity to attempt a patch repair. Good to pick up a useful skill during this Covid Circuit Breaker season.
1. First, look for the puncture site.
2. Then scuff it up with a rasp file or some sandpaper.
3. Apply a generous coat of rubber cement / vulcanising paste.
4. Wait for at least 5mins to allow the rubber cement to dry.
5. Peel off the aluminium foil backing of the patch and apply patch onto puncture site.
6. Stitch the patch by rolling some blunt tool over it.
7. The patched tube is now ready for use!
Nah… I’m probably not gonna re-use this repaired tube. But it was a good practice session.